The HR Officer will contribute to performance and management of various HR functions, while ensuring compliance with relevant laws, HR policies, management procedures and any contractual obligations under contract with the donor. These will include the following:
- Carry out the recruitment process, including job posting, shortlisting, facilitation of interviews, and reference checks.
- Organize and conduct the onboarding process for new hires.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date employee records, including personnel files and HR databases.
- Prepare and process employment-related documentation such as contracts, offer letters, and termination letters.
- Operating different softwares like Time Off Manager Software (TOMS).
- Administer employee benefits programs, including health insurance, EOBI, and other benefits as applicable.
- Assist employees with benefit-related inquiries and resolve issues promptly.
- Organize Performance Appraisals, including facilitation in goal setting, performance reviews, and feedback sessions.
- Assist in identifying training and development needs and coordinate relevant programs.
- Ensure relevant laws, HR policies and procedures are consistently applied.
- Stay up to date with employment laws and regulations to facilitate/ ensure compliance.
- Handle or facilitate handling of employee relations/ conflicts professionally and confidentially, and process cases/ complaints, as needed.
- Identify training needs of staff members, coordinate/ organize training programs, maintain training records and evaluate the effectiveness of training initiatives.
- Prepare regular HR reports, metrics, and analytics on matters such as turnover, recruitment, and training to support decision making.
- To assist the finance department in payroll administration by providing input with respect to attendance, increment, special payments, etc.
- Facilitate clearance of individuals on completion / termination of service.
- Any other relevant tasks, as assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, Business Administration, or a related field.
- At least 3 years of relevant HR experience.
- Experience of working in USAID project will be preferred.
- Knowledge of relevant employment laws and regulations.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time-management abilities.
- Proficiency in relevant HRIS (Human Resources Information Systems) and MS Office.
- Discretion and the ability to maintain confidentiality.