Key Strategic Responsibilities:
- Evaluation of new technologies to support/enhance database management and integration capabilities.
- Capacity planning of corporate applications servers.
- Alignments of business objectives.
- Trainings and capability development of team.
Key Operations Responsibilities:
- Manage project implementation to ensure timely completion of milestones.
- Overall responsible to ensure smooth operations of corporate applications & servers (Oracle RAC, Oracle database, EBS, BI, Hyperion, sales & ORA mobile app, Oracle integrations cloud).
- Responsible of maintenance of backups and disaster recovery plans for critical databases and applications.
- Proactively monitoring the databases and applications health and taking preventive/corrective action when required.
- Managing 24/7 database and integration operational support by ensuring 99.95% availability.
- Establish and maintain sound backup and recovery policies and procedures.
- Handling alerts raised by Oracle Enterprise Manager for databases and applications.
- Performing quarterly patch application as per schedule.
- Creating new VMs, installing OS and perform OS prerequisite steps as per application requirement.
- Review log management sheet of production database, application, OS su logs and create monthly production health logs slide for presenting in IT monthly meeting.
- Management/administration of Oracle integrations Cloud services involving OTM and sales integrations with on-premises database.
- Maintain a healthy disaster recovery site for the critical applications and conduct DR drills annually.
- Creation and management of production & test VMs in VMware cluster.
- Meeting with key project stakeholders.
- Liaison with external vendors for new technologies evaluation and implementations.
- Ensure compliance of ISO 27001 and ITIL policies procedures.
- Provide assistance to database engineer's team for providing support to all IT team, monitoring their operational/ project activities and resolving applications/databases/integration technical issues.
MS (CS) or equivalent with minimum 6 to 8 years of relevant experience Oracle EBS R12 administration.