Scorpbit Inc - A group of diverse and exceptional folks who believe in excellence with a vision of transforming unique ideas in to reality through the power of code to energize the digital economies all over the world.
Scorpbit is one of the most appealing and desirable workplaces for high-tech professionals, with its headquarters at King West in Kingston, Ontario, Canada.
If you have a lean mindset, are client-focused, quality-focused, curious, and enthusiastic to learn new things, we strongly encourage you to apply for this position and join a group of exceptional people to achieve great things in the future.
We are looking for a senior skilled web developer who will be responsible for developing and/or designing websites for our products. You will be working alongside a team of other developers in creating, maintaining, and updating the product websites.
- Website and software application designing, building, or maintaining.
- Using scripting or authoring languages, management tools, content creation tools, applications, and digital media.
- Create advance website layouts and user interfaces with HTML, PHP and CSS.
- Ensure cross-browser compatibility of new features
- Be responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling our site
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies and industry trends and apply them to operations and activities
- Conferring with teams to resolve conflicts, prioritize needs, develop content criteria, or choose solutions.
- Directing or performing Website updates.
- Developing or validating test routines and schedules to ensure that test cases mimic external interfaces and address all browser and device types.
- Editing, writing, or designing Website content, and directing team members who produce content.
- Maintaining an understanding of the latest Web applications and programming practices through education, study, and participation in conferences, workshops, and groups.
- Back up files from Web sites to local directories for recovery.
- Identifying problems uncovered by customer feedback and testing, and correcting or referring problems to appropriate personnel for correction.
- Evaluating code to ensure it meets industry standards, is valid, is properly structured, and is compatible with browsers, devices, or operating systems.
- Determining user needs by analysing technical requirements.
Below are the qualifications expected of a web developer:
- Content management systems (CMSs) such as WordPress, Joomla, and Squarespace
- UI/UX design experience
- Able to develop responsive web design
- Working knowledge of graphic design
- Relational databases such as MySQL
- Agile and test-driven development best practices
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Solid ability in both written and verbal communication.
- Knowledge of programming language and technical terminology.
- Able to develop ideas and processes and clearly express them.
- High degree of independent judgment.
- Able to solve complex problems.
Ideal candidate must also have:
- B.S/M.S in Computer Science or related field, with at least 5+ years of professional experience of web development and design in an agile environment.
- Ability to take extreme ownership over your work. Every day is a challenge to ensure you are performing to the expectations you and your team have agreed upon, both in regards to estimates and to the general process.
- You’re passionate about web design and development. It’s not just your career, it’s your hobby. You’re constantly striving to learn new things and improve. You follow industry news, regularly tinker with new technologies, read books and blogs to keep your skills current.
- A positive mindset and can-do attitude.
- You work well within a team environment and enjoy working in the office with your colleagues.
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage Self & Dependents
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment