· Assist in setting up the mental health program in line with IASC and International Medical Corps guidelines.
· Conduct field visits to monitor and support MHPSS activities and interventions provide and support technical quality of programming by providing feedback and mentorship.
· Provide training to International Medical Corps staff and other stakeholders in line with WHO mhGAP Humanitarian Intervention Guidelines in coordination with project staff.
· Provide training in other MHPSS topics as appropriate, depending on identified needs (e.g. key aspects of Psychological First Aid and relevant aspects of IASC guidelines) to International Medical Corps and other stakeholders.
· Provide on the job mentorship and supervision of staff and volunteers.
· Develop a system for follow up with local hospitals to monitor the quality of services delivered.
· Provide guidance and technical support for adapting IASC guidelines to the local context and on developing specific activities and/or interventions for communities.
· Assist in developing and implementing data collection, M&E and quality control measures (e.g. on the job supervision checklists, client satisfaction measures mhGAP training reports) for mental health services.
· Support communication and coordination with relevant stakeholders and relevant partners as needed.
· Prepare regular and timely updates and reports in coordination with the Program Director.
· Ensure that program activities developed are implemented in line with International Medical Corps mandate, policies, procedures and country strategy, including donor’s requirements, national and international rules and guidelines and MHPSS Quality Standards.
· Submit a report before the end of assignment which includes activities undertaken, documents training and supervision activities (including training materials, pre post tests and training evaluation results) and provides recommendations.
· Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed in this document are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and not necessarily all inclusive.
· Attend coordination meetings as needed
· Represent the organization at UN/ INGOs coordination meetings as needed.
· Liaise with MOH on matters related to the program to ensure MH programmatic accountability as needed
· Ensure maximum visibility of the organization amongst the NGO community
· Contribute to the creation of a positive image and overall credibility of the organization, notably through the application of the organizations Code of Conduct, ethics, values and stand-point with regard to internal and external actors
Training and Capacity Building
· Work closely with the team to determine the technical and non- technical training needs of the staff and ensure high quality program implementation and compliance with minimum standards.
· Train national staff to increase responsibilities to build capacity and ensure sustainability of programs.
· Collaborate with direct line manager and relevant authorities for revision of existing curriculum or development of new curriculum to be utilized in implemented by and implement those plans through the field teams
· Advocate and plan for professional development of national staff.
· Support the Senior Management Team to ensure program activities and objectives are implemented appropriately and communicated.
· Maintain strong working relationships with Finance, Logistics, HR/Admin and other relevant departments to ensure smooth implementation of program activities
· Deployed personnel are expected to assist with the setup, maintenance and demobilization of the clinical spaces and base camp as required.
|Organization||International Medical Corps|
|Industry||Medical / Healthcare Jobs|
|Occupational Category||Senior MHPSS Coordinator|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Career Level||Experienced Professional|
|Posted at||2023-02-10 12:59 pm|