Roles & Responsibilities:
- Control and create innovative websites through visually stunning front-end development coupled with functional back-end systems.
- Adapting and creating WordPress, Shopify, WooCommerce & Magento themes, apps and plugins.
- Build new websites from XD/Figma designs.
- Build high-quality, responsive layouts with smooth interactions, transitions, and animations.
- Update existing websites from project briefs, designs & wireframes.
- Take the lead on providing the future framework for sites to be built.
- Engage with the editorial team to build best practice tools for content, SEO, and advertising.
- Contribute to and improve internal tooling and processes.
- Help debug problems with plugins and setups.
- Diagnose and resolve issues with servers and cloud server instances.
- Initiate and deliver proactive strategies to improve user experience and deliver increased revenue.
Skills & Experience:
- Advanced WordPress knowledge and understanding - admin, theme, and plugins (3yrs experience minimum).
- Experience in design and development within platforms such as Shopify, WooCommerce, Magento etc.
- Considerable experience developing custom WordPress themes and plugins.
- Experience with multilingual and multi-site WordPress installs.
- Can work to deadline and juggle competing priorities.
- Willingness to take ownership of projects.
- Experience with automated deployment.
- Experience integrating third-party APIs.
- Experience in developing bespoke, responsive and search engine friendly websites in an agency environment.
- Experience working as part of a development team.
- Good problem-solving skills and the ability to think clearly and logically.
- Solid knowledge of and passion for the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG), including WCAG 2.0 and WCAG 2.1
- Digital design experience is preferable but not essential ability to work on multiple projects and demonstrate good critical thinking abilities.
- An understanding of branding, marketing, UX and UI design.
- Portfolio of brochure websites with experience in more technical development project.