JOB PURPOSE To provide support to nutrition programmes and activities to contribute to meeting the nutritional needs of WFP beneficiaries.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Provide support in implementing and strengthening the quality of programmes; Prevention of Stunting Nashonuma through an integrated nutrition and Conditional Cash transfer Programme, Prevention and Management of Acute Malnutrition (CMAM), social and Behaviour Change Communication (SBCC) and prevention of micronutrients deficiencies through supplementation and food fortification initiatives.
2. Provide technical support to nutrition projects and activities, ensuring a coordinated approach with wider programmes/projects that complies with WFP standards and procedures.
3. Provide technical inputs for evidence generation around nutrition specific/sensitive interventions.
4. Represent WFP at national and/or provincial level strategic consultations, contribute in discussions, exchange experiences, advocate and position WFP and identify areas of potential collaboration and partnerships wherever possible.
5. Liaise with POs nutrition team/ implementing partners to monitor ongoing nutrition projects, ensuring effective collaboration, timeliness and efficiency, and highlight potential risks to the project delivery.
6. To support establishment of a risk management plan for successful implementation; advise on the effective application of that plan utilizing existing systems and / or help develop appropriate systems to monitor and implement improvement plans.
7. Contribute to capacity building activities to increase the effectiveness of relevant Government and project staff, Community Health Workers.
8. Backstop and ensure submission of reports as may be required.
9. Coordinate with provincial teams for keeping track of activities under Annual Work Plans.
10. Establish and maintain operational partnerships to identify opportunities for collaborative approaches and initiatives that improve nutrition situation in the country.
11. Build capacity of WFP staff, partners and national governments to prepare for and respond to nutrition problems.
12. Support the monitoring and evaluation of WFP activities, provide technical analysis, and interpretation.
13. Guide and supervise junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them on more complex analysis and questions.
14. Support promotion and deployment of WFP corporate/CO initiatives and strategies.
15. Incorporate gender perspectives in all areas of work to ensure equal participation of women. 16. Other as required
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS Key deliverables and specific job requirements include:
1. Lead the roll out of CMAM complementarities in the Benazir Nashonuma Program.
2. Lead the roll out of SBCC for the Nashonuma program.
3. Lead WFPs component of the prevention of micronutrient deficiencies among adolescent’s pilot programme in the Benazir Nashonuma program.
4. Lead the nutrition capacity strengthening component in the KCO.
5. Support in proposal and report preparations