Total Rewards and Payroll Manager, Pakistan will be responsible for overseeing the organization's compensation and benefits programs, managing payroll operations, and ensuring compliance with local regulations. This role requires a deep understanding of Pakistan's labour laws, taxation, and employee benefits landscape. You will lead a team of specialists, collaborate with HR, finance, and external vendors, and play a critical role in designing and implementing effective total rewards strategies to attract, retain, and motivate employees.
- Monthly Payroll Processing & Reconciliation – Oversee end-to-end payroll processing for all employees in Pakistan. Manage monthly reconciliation of payroll, to optimize integration between the payroll system and other HRIS (Human Resource Information Systems) and Finance software.
- Payroll Reports – Work in close collaboration with HR teams to prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual payroll reports for management and finance teams. Support internal and external audit reviews of relevant payroll data
- Continuous Improvement – Continuously review and streamline payroll processes to enhance efficiency and accuracy, seeking opportunities to implement automation or software improvements. Analyze payroll data to identify trends, discrepancies, and potential issues, and make recommendations for improvement or cost-saving measures
- Employee Support – Respond to employee inquiries related to payroll, taxation, and benefits, providing prompt and helpful assistance.
- Employee Life Cycle – Collaborate with the HR team to ensure smooth onboarding and offboarding processes.
- Annual Benefits Plan – Oversee end to end administration of compensation plans & salary structures to ensure internal equity and external competitiveness. Administer HR Total Rewards budget during annual merit process, bonus programs, and other annual benefits plans.
- Market Analysis – Conduct market analysis and benchmarking studies to ensure the competitiveness of compensation and benefits packages in the Pakistan job market. Actively participate in annual market surveys; to oversee activity related to published compensation & benefits surveys, audit surveys output, market trends and competitive pay positions.
- Employee Benefits Programs – Manage employee benefits programs, including health insurance, retirement plans, leave policies, and other perks, ensuring compliance and effectiveness. Maintain benefits information through employee self-service portal and advise employees on statutory requirements, collective agreements, and HR policies & procedures.
- Compliance – Ensure Ingredion’s compensation and benefits plans comply with local laws and regulations. Ensure regulatory compliance such as managing all aspects of equity payroll administration; ensuring timely reporting, filing and all required regulatory compliance.
Qualified Candidates Will Have
- Bachelor's degree (HR, Finance or related)
- 7-10 years’ relevant experience
- In-depth knowledge of Pakistan's labor laws, tax regulations, and employee benefit schemes.
- Familiarity with payroll software and HRIS systems (e.g., Workday, SAP, Oracle, ADP, etc.)
- An MBA or an advanced degree/ professional certification is a plus (e.g., CA/ACMA).
- Leadership qualities to manage a team effectively and collaborate with cross-functional departments.
Required Behaviors And Skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills both in local language and English.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized to manage complex processes and meet deadlines
- Focus on the employee experience, customer satisfaction and business outcomes
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently