The District Team Leader will undertake the overall management of the project at the district level, including but not limited to planning, budgeting, implementation and assessment of the project achievements against its objectives. The position holder will ensure a strong coordination and partnership with district level government institutions and stakeholders as well as the beneficiaries.
Tasks And Responsibilities
- Lead the work of the staff in the district in terms of attendance, work planning, implementation, logistics HR and other management related tasks.
- Assist management to liaise with district government officials effectively to ensure smooth implementation of the project.
- Lead the District Field Facilitators in collecting and preparing background information on value chains, agribusiness and market development issues; provide appropriate field guidance and local knowledge support to management and other consultants.
- Liaise in between districts teams and the subject matter experts and specialist staff on the project, including those
- Supplying expertise on livestock, horticulture, market development, climate-smart technologies and gender, as well as acting as implementation partner.
- Prepare district work plans on economic viable value chains and agribusiness in collaboration with the management and other staff, and supervise the facilitation and implementation of activities at field and value chain level.
- Work closely with the project groups established and supported including community organizations, producer marketing groups to produce value chain and agri business plans that are likely to result into positive income growth.
- In collaboration with district staff and other relevant partners, undertake detailed value chain, market analyses (including SWOT, Constraints, Needs and Gap analysis).
- Day to day operational and financial activities and managing the FAO district team.
- Prepare and submit monthly work plan and progress reports.
- Perform any other associated duties as required by the management.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- University degree in agriculture, forestry, fisheries or veterinary sciences.
- At least 5 years of work experience in agriculture sector.
- Working knowledge of English and fluency in Urdu and Pashto.
- Knowledge of other languages used in KP province is an asset.
- National of Pakistan.