We are looking for a highly motivated DevOps Engineer to join our Platforms & Operations Engineering team supporting Container Platform as part of our DevOps transition. The Container platform is built using latest technologies such as Docker Enterprise and Kubernetes and is hosted in our on-premises data centers as well as in the cloud. You would help accelerate our growth as part of SOA team within Platforms & Operations Engineering organization. This is an excellent opportunity to join S&P Global as we transform our infrastructure and move into the cloud, while also developing your skills and furthering your career as we plan to power the markets of the future.
Required Qualification, Skills And Experience
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or in equivalent discipline is required.
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience managing platform and/or infrastructure.
- 2-3 years of experience in DevOps and container platform such as Docker Enterprise or Kubernetes is required.
- Hands-on industry experience of AWS is a must.
- Experience in managing and administrating Container platform using Kubernetes is a must
- Experience with EKS is preferable.
- Good hands-on experience with Linux/Unix and Windows OS.
Tasks And Responsibilities
- Work together with various domestic and overseas teams across the organization to ensure that DevOps platform is reliable, operational, performant, and meets business requirements as well as committed SLA. DevOps platform consists of AWS DevOps & Jenkins based CI/CD Pipelines and Docker/Kubernetes based Container Platform.
- Setup, configure and monitor CI/CD Pipelines and Container platform; conduct routine maintenance work for smooth operation with guaranteed uptime.
- Onboard applications onto the DevOps platform as demands come.
- Assist various DEV and QA teams during their development and testing following the guidelines provided.
- Work closely with supervisor/manager in day-to-day operation activities.
- Conduct and/or assist in conducting regular capacity analysis and POCs.
- Develop and maintain the platform automation tools, dashboard and utilities (Java, .NET C#, shell scripting, python etc.).
- Provide support for Production, DR and lower environments making sure platform is stable and highly available.